Home
Virtual Image Printer DriverMiraplacid Publisher converts documents to images
Virtual Text Printer DriverMiraplacid Text Driver extracts text from documents
Miraplacid Data ViewerMiraplacid Data Viewer - access to internal structure of a binary file
Miraplacid Text ViewerMiraplacid Text Viewer - access to internal structure of a text file
Common:   Login | Rules of forum | Register
Management:  New topic | Close topic | Move topic | Delete topic

Miraplacid Forum >> Printer Drivers >> Dell 720 drivers for Win98Moderator:Cerberus

Author Topic:  Dell 720 drivers for Win98
Des Roberts

Email
posted 2005-11-24 15:04:28 Reply -Delete

Hi
Can anybody tell me if and where I can download drivers for a Dell 720 printer on Win98 OS? It is all very well and good people donating working items for the course that I am running for learners who have difficulties, but I wish that they would pass everything over!

Cheers

BigMacBob

Email
posted 2006-04-07 16:02:56 Reply -Delete

Unfortunately there are none other than for 2000 and XP. I have tried to find them myself and am beginning to realize that Dell is for dummies.
I was lead down the happy trail to try a Lexmark driver, as the printer in reality is manufactured by Lexmark and labeled by Dell. The closest Lexmark model is the z600 series. I have tried that driver and found that it is for a LPT port not the USB port on the printer.
The only recourse for anyone getting stuck with one of these is to upgrade to Windows Explosion or 2000. Of course it is too light for even a good anchor!
I also discovered that evidently Dell reworked the cartridge space so only a DELL cartridge will work. And their prices are too high and you cannot refill the cartridge, sort of like Epson's dealings. Remember the old "Polaroid" camera and how cheap they were? Well who did you buy your film from? And was it cheap? NO!

Your message:
Name, password:
Go to category:  

Technical Support

Copyright © Miraplacid, 2003 - 2024