Home
Virtual Image Printer DriverMiraplacid Publisher converts documents to images
Virtual Text Printer DriverMiraplacid Text Driver extracts text from documents
Miraplacid Data ViewerMiraplacid Data Viewer - access to internal structure of a binary file
Miraplacid Text ViewerMiraplacid Text Viewer - access to internal structure of a text file
Common:   Login | Rules of forum | Register
Management:  New topic | Close topic | Move topic | Delete topic

Miraplacid Forum >> Printer Drivers >> How to install multiple instances of HP printersModerator:Cerberus

Author Topic:  How to install multiple instances of HP printers
Aux Dee

posted 2003-06-11 11:12:49 Reply -Delete

I have a 5100dtn printer on our network. It is being managed by an pc running XPPro and it shared. There is another pc running NT 4.0 which uses the printer. We switch between paper types and duplex on/off etc. I have a XP reference (Osborne) that says you can install multiple instances printers so that it is easy to switch printing configurations. The problem is every time I try to add a printer in WinXPPro it doesn't add anything. If I rename printer it looses connectivity.

Topler

posted 2003-06-11 11:13:51 Reply -Delete

goto add printer add 3 printers using name them 5100-1 5100-2 5100-3 using lpt1 for port. then in the properties goto the port tab and change them to the tcp/ip you want to use. all 3 can use the same port

Aux Dee

posted 2003-06-11 11:14:04 Reply -Delete

I have not yet tried you suggestion, but please note that this is a network printer not a local printer. It is not on LPT1.

Sarah L

posted 2003-06-11 11:14:39 Reply -Delete

Let me try to explain what Geoffrey said. First, connect this printer (I believe that you had done it). Now, if you check from Properties/Port setting, you can see it connect to the XPPro PC. Second step is to add 2 or 3 more printers by using Add Printer function and selete LPT1. This is very important. It may save you some trouble. After you are done, you can then go into the Properties setting from each printer and change the Port to XPPro PC.

Your message:
Name, password:
Go to category:  

Technical Support

Copyright © Miraplacid, 2003 - 2024