Home
Virtual Image Printer DriverMiraplacid Publisher converts documents to images
Virtual Text Printer DriverMiraplacid Text Driver extracts text from documents
PostScript Printer DriverMiraplacid PostScript Driver prints documents with your content inserted
Miraplacid Binary and Text DOM SDKMiraplacid Binary and Text DOM SDK - access to internal structure of a binary and text files
Common:   Login | Rules of forum | Register
Management:  New topic | Close topic | Move topic | Delete topic

Miraplacid Forum >> Virtual Printer Drivers >> Printing from Terminal Server NT4Moderator:Cerberus

Author Topic:  Printing from Terminal Server NT4
Rob

posted 2003-06-11 10:22:14 Reply -Delete

Help Required!

We have a client running Windows XP Pro with A HP Deskjet 840c attached via a parallel cable. The client accesses some applications via Terminal Server NT 4 and would like to print to their local 840c printer. What is the best method of setting this up?
I have shared the printer in order that Terminal Server can see it. When adding the printer on Terminal Server, what method should I connect to the printer i.e \\client\HP840 or do I use an IP address? Is there a particular proceedure to install remote printers on Terminal Server NT4? What drivers should I use? I have installed NT4 drivers on the Terminal Server and XP drivers on the remote machine. When I can get it to print, the formatting is wrong.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Matt

posted 2003-06-11 10:37:33 Reply -Delete

Hi, I think the best way to install your printer is the point-to-print. However, WTS is only supported with :
- 895cse and 895cxi
- 970cse and 970cxi
- 990cse and 990cxi
- 5550 and 5551 (Win2k only).

Otherwise, If you own citix metaframe technology, i advise you to test the "Universal Citrix driver". The bad point is that all specifics features won't be availabe !!

--- Original Message ---
Help Required!

We have a client running Windows XP Pro with A HP Deskjet 840c attached via a parallel cable. The client accesses some applications via Terminal Server NT 4 and would like to print to their local 840c printer. What is the best method of setting this up?
I have shared the printer in order that Terminal Server can see it. When adding the printer on Terminal Server, what method should I connect to the printer i.e \\client\HP840 or do I use an IP address? Is there a particular proceedure to install remote printers on Terminal Server NT4? What drivers should I use? I have installed NT4 drivers on the Terminal Server and XP drivers on the remote machine. When I can get it to print, the formatting is wrong.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Your message:
Name, password:
Go to category:  

Technical Support

Copyright © Miraplacid, 2003 - 2024