Home
Virtual Image Printer DriverMiraplacid Publisher converts documents to images
Virtual Text Printer DriverMiraplacid Text Driver extracts text from documents
Miraplacid Data ViewerMiraplacid Data Viewer - access to internal structure of a binary file
Miraplacid Text ViewerMiraplacid Text Viewer - access to internal structure of a text file
Common:   Login | Rules of forum | Register
Management:  New topic | Close topic | Move topic | Delete topic

Miraplacid Forum >> Virtual Printer Drivers >> Printing from Terminal Server NT4Moderator:Cerberus

Author Topic:  Printing from Terminal Server NT4
Rob

posted 2003-06-11 10:22:14 Reply -Delete

Help Required!

We have a client running Windows XP Pro with A HP Deskjet 840c attached via a parallel cable. The client accesses some applications via Terminal Server NT 4 and would like to print to their local 840c printer. What is the best method of setting this up?
I have shared the printer in order that Terminal Server can see it. When adding the printer on Terminal Server, what method should I connect to the printer i.e \\client\HP840 or do I use an IP address? Is there a particular proceedure to install remote printers on Terminal Server NT4? What drivers should I use? I have installed NT4 drivers on the Terminal Server and XP drivers on the remote machine. When I can get it to print, the formatting is wrong.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Matt

posted 2003-06-11 10:37:33 Reply -Delete

Hi, I think the best way to install your printer is the point-to-print. However, WTS is only supported with :
- 895cse and 895cxi
- 970cse and 970cxi
- 990cse and 990cxi
- 5550 and 5551 (Win2k only).

Otherwise, If you own citix metaframe technology, i advise you to test the "Universal Citrix driver". The bad point is that all specifics features won't be availabe !!

--- Original Message ---
Help Required!

We have a client running Windows XP Pro with A HP Deskjet 840c attached via a parallel cable. The client accesses some applications via Terminal Server NT 4 and would like to print to their local 840c printer. What is the best method of setting this up?
I have shared the printer in order that Terminal Server can see it. When adding the printer on Terminal Server, what method should I connect to the printer i.e \\client\HP840 or do I use an IP address? Is there a particular proceedure to install remote printers on Terminal Server NT4? What drivers should I use? I have installed NT4 drivers on the Terminal Server and XP drivers on the remote machine. When I can get it to print, the formatting is wrong.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Your message:
Name, password:
Go to category:  

Technical Support

Copyright © Miraplacid, 2003 - 2024