Home
Virtual Image Printer DriverMiraplacid Publisher converts documents to images
Virtual Text Printer DriverMiraplacid Text Driver extracts text from documents
Miraplacid Data ViewerMiraplacid Data Viewer - access to internal structure of a binary file
Miraplacid Text ViewerMiraplacid Text Viewer - access to internal structure of a text file
Common:   Login | Rules of forum | Register
Management:  New topic | Close topic | Move topic | Delete topic

Miraplacid Forum >> Printer Drivers >> V40 Printer Driver on Win2K ServerModerator:Cerberus

Author Topic:  V40 Printer Driver on Win2K Server
mancubus

posted 2003-06-11 10:14:23 Reply -Delete

Can anyone instruct me how to install the OfficeJet V40 Printer on a Windows2K Server

Matt

posted 2003-06-11 10:15:27 Reply -Delete

Directly connected or over a network? The process is the same if it is a server or the professional version.

Matt

--- Original Message ---
Can anyone instruct me how to install the OfficeJet V40 Printer on a Windows2K Server

mancubus

posted 2003-06-11 10:15:50 Reply -Delete

Directly connected.
The HP installation reports an error when trying to install on the server (the error is that the OS requirements are not met).
It could be a service pack issue but I'm not sure what the minimal service pack requirement is for Win2K server.

Matt

posted 2003-06-11 10:16:08 Reply -Delete

You are trying to install the HP software, which probably won’t install on the server. All you need is the driver. The driver will be on the CD though, look around the various folders, you should find it. The software is nothing more then bloat ware. If you want to scan and such, then you need the software and you are out of luck.

I do find it ridiculous that software looks for a specific OS. Companies like Sun and IBM sell workstations that run the same exact OS as the big iron brothers. This allows software to be run on a cheaper and smaller hardware during the development and testing stages before being moved. The PC world has a long way to go.

mancubus

posted 2003-06-11 10:16:24 Reply -Delete

Thanks for your reply.
I tried that before my initial question but for some reason when I tried to add a printer and selected 'Have Disk' the installation could cot find any acceptable driver. (i.e. no option was in the drivers list after I selected the .inf files - I tried most of the .inf files in the distribution.

Matt

posted 2003-06-11 10:16:47 Reply -Delete

If you look here:
http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwareDownloadIndex.jhtml?reg=&cc=&softitem=oj-4184-1&prodId=hpofficeje28083&lc=en&sw_lang=en

It says the requirements are “Microsoft Windows 2000.” The Instructions say “Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 Installation Instructions:”

SO they do not make the distinction between Server and Professional, but it sounds like their software does.

I would give HP a call. Here are the contact phone numbers:
http://www.hp.com/country/il/heb/contact_us.htm

Matt

Your message:
Name, password:
Go to category:  

Technical Support

Copyright © Miraplacid, 2003 - 2024