Home
Virtual Image Printer DriverMiraplacid Publisher converts documents to images
Virtual Text Printer DriverMiraplacid Text Driver extracts text from documents
Miraplacid Data ViewerMiraplacid Data Viewer - access to internal structure of a binary file
Miraplacid Text ViewerMiraplacid Text Viewer - access to internal structure of a text file
Common:   Login | Rules of forum | Register
Management:  New topic | Close topic | Move topic | Delete topic

Miraplacid Forum >> Printer Drivers >> engine soundModerator:Cerberus

Author Topic:  engine sound
Mozler

posted 2003-05-30 07:09:30 Reply -Delete

I have a LJ 4050N and after a printing job has finished the engine winds down like a jet engine shutting down. How do i fix this. The print job is fine and the fuser is not at fault. please help

Matt

posted 2003-05-30 07:11:05 Reply -Delete

I like the loud machines. lol. how do you know it's not the fuser? the other source, could be the main motor, or the gears it drives, located on the right front of the machine. greaseing them up may help. don't hit the electronics on the motor board with grease, though. it will help if you describe where the noise is the loudest. front, back, side, tray 1 area, tray 2 area. thanks...

--- Original Message ---
I have a LJ 4050N and after a printing job has finished the engine winds down like a jet engine shutting down. How do i fix this. The print job is fine and the fuser is not at fault. please help

ApFox

posted 2003-05-30 07:15:49 Reply -Delete

If it only makes the noise as it when it is printing or just done. I would suspect laser scanner or a fan causing your noise prolem. try to isolate the noise if possible to the top or side. That may help you find the general area . The engine or main motor may not even be spinning after the last page comes out watch the output rollers where the paper exits are they still turning as long as you hear the noise is not it either a fan or more likely the scanner motor. The scanner takes a long time to spin down you wouldnt hear it if the unit is good. I wouldnt replace it unless it really bugs you till it fails all the way.

--- Original Message ---

Your message:
Name, password:
Go to category:  

Technical Support

Copyright © Miraplacid, 2003 - 2024