Home
Virtual Image Printer DriverMiraplacid Publisher converts documents to images
Virtual Text Printer DriverMiraplacid Text Driver extracts text from documents
Miraplacid Data ViewerMiraplacid Data Viewer - access to internal structure of a binary file
Miraplacid Text ViewerMiraplacid Text Viewer - access to internal structure of a text file
Common:   Login | Rules of forum | Register
Management:  New topic | Close topic | Move topic | Delete topic

Miraplacid Forum >> Printer Drivers >> bad color on Epson 1280Moderator:Cerberus

Author Topic:  bad color on Epson 1280
moe

posted 2003-05-30 05:06:10 Reply -Delete

All of a sudden my prints from my Epson 1280 photo ink-jet printer began to have a magenta cast to them: greys, blacks, all magenta. I've run multiple nozzle cleanings with perfect results, changed the ink cartridges (3rd party, have always worked), reinstalled the software—to no avail. Could something have gone screwy in the cyan or black nozzles? Is this something I can fix myself?
Thanks for replying.

maloca

posted 2003-05-30 05:07:48 Reply -Delete

moe: As an "Epson Authorized Service Dealer", there's only so much information and help that I can legally give. There's of course no way for me to actually know whats wrong with your printer. You stated that you ran "multiple nozzle cleanings with perfect results". Have you actually ran the "Epson Internal Self-Test Page" from your printer, disconnected from your PC [TESTED AS A STAND ALONE PRINTER]? In this test, you actually disconnect your printer cable from your PC, turn your printer OFF & ON to clear any leftover DATA from the "main board assembly", prior to running the "Epson Internal Self-Test Page". If the "nozzle test" that is on that page, is coming out looking ok, then it normally would indicate that your printer thinks its working ok. My only suggestion would be to eliminate your PC as a possible problem, by connecting your printer to a different PC, loading drivers and then testing your printer. If its ok on a different PC, then you know that your problem is probably in your PC. As communication between a PC and your printer is done thru a printer cable, you may also want to try a different cable, just to be sure. If the nozzle test comes out looking ok on the "Stand Alone Test", then I don't think any in-depth cleaning, servicing or even NEW Epson Cartridges will help, but thats just my guess. If the nozzle test does not look ok, then its possible that the "printhead assembly" is going bad, or possibly even a failing "main board assembly". The printhead assy is generally not economical to replace, as it lists at approx $91 [part only], not including labor. The mainboard lists at approx $107 [part only], not including labor...REGUARDING YOUR NON-EPSON INK CARTRIDGES: Most of the problems people have are caused by something they did, or did not do and are not always the printers fault. SOME EXAMPLES: Refilling your own cartridges, or having them refilled, or buying third party ink [generic ink, non Epson ink]. No matter what anyone says, all blacks, or colors are not the same. Thats why all companies patient the formulas for their inks. The one thing that is almost constant when people don't use Epson Ink Cartridges, is that they will have a problem with their "printhead assembly", or the printing system, sooner or later. I know how much cheeper refilled cartridges, third party cartridges and generic cartridges are, but its not the correct ink and does eventually cause problems [all most always]...Good Luck!

Your message:
Name, password:
Go to category:  

Technical Support

Copyright © Miraplacid, 2003 - 2024