Home
Virtual Image Printer DriverMiraplacid Publisher converts documents to images
Virtual Text Printer DriverMiraplacid Text Driver extracts text from documents
PostScript Printer DriverMiraplacid PostScript Driver prints documents with your content inserted
Miraplacid Binary and Text DOM SDKMiraplacid Binary and Text DOM SDK - access to internal structure of a binary and text files
Common:   Login | Rules of forum | Register
Management:  New topic | Close topic | Move topic | Delete topic

Miraplacid Forum >> Virtual Printer Drivers >> network printer questionModerator:Cerberus

Author Topic:  network printer question
Worris

posted 2003-05-07 11:42:40 Reply -Delete

Our office will be online in a couple of days with a new t1 setup. Just wondering if any advice on getting a laserprinter that's network capable. Is there a big $$ difference between monochrome and color and is HP the printer of choice for most folks these days?

thanks,

Worris

i was at OfficeMax yesterday, this particular store does not stock printers already networked. Have to be ordered. That's why i am inquiring!

Matt

posted 2003-05-07 11:45:06 Reply -Delete

How many users? What will they be printing? How much will they be printing? These are going to be you big questions. Also your budget. Printer HP is a good choice and helps me get a paycheck : )

You can network almost any printer with a print server, I wouldnt let that sway you one way or the other.

--- Original Message ---

Our office will be online in a couple of days with a new t1 setup. Just wondering if any advice on getting a laserprinter that's network capable. Is there a big $$ difference between monochrome and color and is HP the printer of choice for most folks these days?

thanks,

Worris

i was at OfficeMax yesterday, this particular store does not stock printers already networked. Have to be ordered. That's why i am inquiring!

mpcat

posted 2003-05-07 11:46:38 Reply -Delete

HP or Xerox.

We have a bunch of 4050N, 4500N and 5000N series printers.

The 4050N is for small offices (2-8 users), and bigger are for more people (4500 is color).

With xerox you can add a lot of modules to it, faxing, scanning, copying and whatever (if you get a document centre model).
-M

Rob

posted 2003-05-07 11:47:48 Reply -Delete

With color it's always the cartridges that will eat up a budget. Funny in this brave new world of the paperless office, we're still looking for faster printers.

Robert

posted 2003-05-07 11:48:18 Reply -Delete

IMO the HP Color LaserJet 4600 DN is the best vaule right now.

Hi capacity, fast single pass and the toner cartridges (though more expensive) hold a LOT more toner. All for about $2000.

maloca

posted 2003-05-07 11:49:22 Reply -Delete

I agree with the above, I love the HP 4600 printers. They live up to the claims on suppliers per page (ink, fusor, etc.).

Your message:
Name, password:
Go to category:  

Technical Support

Copyright © Miraplacid, 2003 - 2024