Home
Virtual Image Printer DriverMiraplacid Publisher converts documents to images
Virtual Text Printer DriverMiraplacid Text Driver extracts text from documents
Miraplacid Data ViewerMiraplacid Data Viewer - access to internal structure of a binary file
Miraplacid Text ViewerMiraplacid Text Viewer - access to internal structure of a text file
Common:   Login | Rules of forum | Register
Management:  New topic | Close topic | Move topic | Delete topic

Miraplacid Forum >> Virtual Printer Drivers >> network printer questionModerator:Cerberus

Author Topic:  network printer question
Worris

posted 2003-05-07 11:42:40 Reply -Delete

Our office will be online in a couple of days with a new t1 setup. Just wondering if any advice on getting a laserprinter that's network capable. Is there a big $$ difference between monochrome and color and is HP the printer of choice for most folks these days?

thanks,

Worris

i was at OfficeMax yesterday, this particular store does not stock printers already networked. Have to be ordered. That's why i am inquiring!

Matt

posted 2003-05-07 11:45:06 Reply -Delete

How many users? What will they be printing? How much will they be printing? These are going to be you big questions. Also your budget. Printer HP is a good choice and helps me get a paycheck : )

You can network almost any printer with a print server, I wouldnt let that sway you one way or the other.

--- Original Message ---

Our office will be online in a couple of days with a new t1 setup. Just wondering if any advice on getting a laserprinter that's network capable. Is there a big $$ difference between monochrome and color and is HP the printer of choice for most folks these days?

thanks,

Worris

i was at OfficeMax yesterday, this particular store does not stock printers already networked. Have to be ordered. That's why i am inquiring!

mpcat

posted 2003-05-07 11:46:38 Reply -Delete

HP or Xerox.

We have a bunch of 4050N, 4500N and 5000N series printers.

The 4050N is for small offices (2-8 users), and bigger are for more people (4500 is color).

With xerox you can add a lot of modules to it, faxing, scanning, copying and whatever (if you get a document centre model).
-M

Rob

posted 2003-05-07 11:47:48 Reply -Delete

With color it's always the cartridges that will eat up a budget. Funny in this brave new world of the paperless office, we're still looking for faster printers.

Robert

posted 2003-05-07 11:48:18 Reply -Delete

IMO the HP Color LaserJet 4600 DN is the best vaule right now.

Hi capacity, fast single pass and the toner cartridges (though more expensive) hold a LOT more toner. All for about $2000.

maloca

posted 2003-05-07 11:49:22 Reply -Delete

I agree with the above, I love the HP 4600 printers. They live up to the claims on suppliers per page (ink, fusor, etc.).

Your message:
Name, password:
Go to category:  

Technical Support

Copyright © Miraplacid, 2003 - 2024